The Kremlin said on Tuesday that the partial mobilization of hundreds of thousands of reservists to fight in Ukraine had not been completed “for now”, although several regions had already completed the process.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov indicated to the press that “for now, there is still no presidential decree” that would end the mobilization.
He said several regions have completed the mobilization process, but did not specify which regions. “The Ministry of Defense has fixed the quota for each region. Some say they have finished the process,” he told reporters, promising that Russian authorities would not mobilize more than the announced number of 300,000 reservists.
President Vladimir Putin’s announcement of partial demobilization on September 21 prompted tens of thousands of Russians to flee the country to avoid conscription. Last week, Putin said he expected the wave of mobilization to end “in two weeks”, admitting it had failed.
“Web aficionado. Lifelong music lover. Pop culture guru. Professional tv expert. Wannabe beer scholar. Hipster-friendly coffee nerd.”