Russia has accused Azerbaijan of violating the ceasefire agreement with Armenia in the Nagorno-Karabakh region.

Moscow on Saturday (March 26) accused Azerbaijan of violating the ceasefire with Armenia signed after the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war, deploying troops in areas controlled by Russian forces to maintain peace.

There are frequent incidents between the Armenian and Azerbaijani armed forces, but this is the first time since the conflict in November 2020 that Moscow has accused Vladimir Putin of violating the guarantee agreement. This renewed tension comes at a tense time, during which time Russia has launched a large-scale offensive against Ukraine.

Read more The article is reserved for our subscribers The role of the Russian military in Karabakh is discussed in Azerbaijan

“Between March 24 and 25, Azerbaijan’s armed forces entered the territory under the responsibility of the Nagorno-Karabakh peacekeeping mission in violation of a tripartite agreement between the leaders of Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia (…).In a statement, the Russian Defense Ministry condemned the attack.

The drone strikes

In Baguio, there is the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan “Sorry” Russian report “One who does not reflect the truth and accepts only one point of view”. Promised that “Azerbaijan has not violated any rules” Ceasefire Agreement and “Russian Defense Ministry calls for full withdrawal of Armenian troops and illegal armed forces from this internationally recognized territory owned by Azerbaijan.”.

According to Russia, Azerbaijani forces have set up a monitoring station “Four attacks by Pyrrhic type drones” On the Karabakh forces near the Farouk area. “Peacekeeping Commission of Russia commands action to resolve situation (…) Appeal for withdrawal of troops sent to Azerbaijan”The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement.

See also  Michael Goya, elite expert on the Ukraine war
Read more The article is reserved for our subscribers “It feels like a siege”: a year after the war, the sad life of Nagorno-Karabakh citizens

An Azerbaijani drone killed three people and wounded fifteen, according to Karabakh officials. “Azerbaijan Armed Forces still in Farouk village”, Karabakh Ministry of Defense lamented. Russian diplomacy revealed it “Deep Concern”.

Two soldiers were killed on Friday

The agreement, signed on November 9, 2020 by Vladimir Putin and the leaders of Armenia, Nicole Pashinian and Ilham Aliyev of Azerbaijan, marked the end of a six-week violent conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan over control of Nagorno-Karabakh. . Azerbaijani forces made significant regional gains.

Read more The article is reserved for our subscribers Nagorno-Karabakh: Vladimir Putin has sealed Yerevan’s defeat after a “complete ceasefire” agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

On Friday, Karabakh officials said two soldiers had been killed by Azerbaijani forces. Armenian Foreign Ministry condemns Saturday “Invasion” It happened and was marked on March 24th “Fixed artillery attack”. He accused his neighbor Karabakh of losing gas and preventing people from warming up, and condemned the situation. “On the brink of a humanitarian catastrophe”.

“We expect the Russian peacekeeping force in Nagorno-Karabakh to take clear action to resolve the situation and prevent further war casualties.”Armenian diplomacy was added.

For its part, the Kremlin on Saturday called on MM. Pashinyan and Putin have twice discussed the Nagorno-Karabakh situation, the day before and the day before.

The Nagorno-Karabakh mountain range, populated mainly by Armenians, was supported by Yerevan, which seceded from Azerbaijan in the fall of the Soviet Union, leading to the First War in the 1990s, killing 30,000 people and creating hundreds of thousands of refugees.

See also  Queen Elizabeth II missed the throne of England for the first time in nearly sixty years

A new conflict erupted in the fall of 2020, killing 6,500 people in six weeks. This ended in a crushing defeat for Armenia, forcing Azerbaijan to cede three areas that form a glacier around Nagorno-Karabakh.

Read our review: The article is reserved for our subscribers Between Baku and Yerevan, increasing risks

World with AFP

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.