- Three weeks after the Moscow offensive and after advancing on several fronts, The lines are confirmed, and all eyes are on Friday, March 18thMariupol and Lviv, strategic cities in Ukraine besieged by Russian forces.
- Russian “missiles” destroy an aircraft repair factory in the Lviv airport area, In western Ukraine, near the Polish border, according to Town Hall. There will be no casualties. Already on Sunday, the Russian military bombed a Ukrainian military base in the region.
- The Russian military and its separatist allies are now fighting in the city of MariupolA strategic Ukrainian port under siege in the southeast of the country, the Russian Defense Ministry announced on Friday.
- Bomb blasts continue in Q and Kharkiv, the country’s second-largest city, where at least 500 people have been killed since the war began. Corn The capital slowly came to life on Thursday Following the easing of the first curfew order on Tuesday evening. At least half of its 3.5 million people have been evacuated. More than three million Ukrainians have taken the path of deportation. Mostly for Poland, sometimes only one stage in their exit.
- President of the United States, Joe Biden and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping plan to discuss Friday. The United States said Thursday that China would retaliate “Support for the Russian Occupation”. Russia, due to lack of support from its closest allies, has abandoned a Security Council vote on a resolution on Thursday evening.
- Volodymyr Zelensky appealed to Westerners on Thursday To help “stop this war”, A Russian strike kills at least twenty-seven people in the east of the country. To him, “People are being annihilated in Europe”He added that he was applauded by the Bundestag delegation in Berlin.
- Attacked with severe punishments, Russia has now escaped default In its debt: According to a source familiar with the matter, JPMorgan Bank has received $ 117.2 million in interest payable.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Live March 17 Can be found here.
Report. Today, Mariupol is an open hell
To analyze. Russia is taking the first step towards default
Your questions. “World” answers to frequently asked questions
Story. Joe Biden, questioned by Volodymyr Zhelensky, is increasing military support for Kiev
History of a concept. Siege war is a weapon used to intimidate civilians
Chronic. “Countries looking to break with the Western alliance may want to have fewer reserves.”